Let’s make a Stollen Recipe – German Christmas Bread
This Stollen Recipe is one of the most popular German bread. This bread is made in almost every home in Germany during the Christmas season. This bread can be used for any festive occasion. Make this delicious bread yourself and enjoy your festive occasions like Christmas,
Fruit ( Soak the fruit in rum for two weeks before making the bread.)
- 50 g Currants
- 75 g Sultana
- 50 ml Dark Rum
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 375 g Flour
- 100 g Sugar
- Cardamom powder
- 50 g Melted butter
- 2 no Eggs Beat separately
- 50 g Chopped Candied peel
- 50 g Chopped Almond
- 100 g Crushed Almond
- 50 g Icing Sugar
- Add yeast to the milk and stir.
- Add salt, cardamom powder, and 50 grams of sugar to the bread flour, stir and cover for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar and icing sugar to the crushed almonds and add a beaten egg little by little to make a non-stick dough.
- Now roll this out and make a dough about 10 inches long and cover it.
- Add the melted butter and the remaining beaten egg to the flour mixture and knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Close this and let it bloom. When the mixture has doubled, thin the dough. Add soaked fruit, chopped candied peel, and chopped almonds.
- Now thin this out and cover with the previously rolled dough made from almonds.
- Let this bloom for about an hour. Now bake at 180 C for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar with melted butter on top.
Hello and welcome to Limitless Spice Classroom. Check out all of our recipes and cooking lessons for the new Home cooks. I make home cooking easy, approachable, and enjoyable. Everyday food with everyday ingredients! waiting for limitless Spices.
You can also follow us on the Youtube channel Limitless Spice
Check out more delicious recipes.