Best Shakshuka Recipe
Let’s make a delicious breakfast Shakshuka.
Shakshuka is a traditional North African and Middle Eastern morning dish that can be eaten at any time of day. It’s vegetarian and created using simple, healthful ingredients. Shakshuka literally translates to “mixing,” and the classic form is made with tomatoes, onions, and spices, with poached eggs on top.
iS SHAKSHUKA SPICY OR NON-SPICY?
The spices in shakshuka vary, but they usually include paprika, cumin, chili powder, as well as fresh garlic. It’s flavorful spicy, not scorching spicy, in my opinion. If you want to spice it up, you can always add cayenne pepper.
How do you make Shakshuka?
This delicious Shakshuka dish can be prepared using eggs, a little olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, chopped bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, sugar, salt, pepper, and chopped parsley.
Add a little olive oil to a big pan on the fire. Add the chopped onions once the oil has heated up. After a few minutes of stirring, add some garlic. Add some diced bell pepper to the mix. Continue to stir for another 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste once they’ve wilted a little. Add all of the spices to the tomatoes and cook until they are somewhat diced.
As though you were adding a pinch of sugar. Simmer for 7-8 minutes on low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Make a little space in the pan between the sauces and crack the eggs one by one into those spaces. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat. Open the top and stir in the chopped parsley once the sauce has settled.
Many photographs of shakshuka prepared in a cast iron pan may be seen on the internet. Tomatoes are acidic, and they can corrode the seasoning and dull the finish of your cast iron pan. The dish may also have a faint metallic flavor. So, instead of taking chances, I recommend using a stainless steel pan like this one from All-Clad.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onion
- 2 tsp Chopped Garlic
- ⅓ cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 cup Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- Sugar pinch
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Put a large pan on the stove and add a little olive oil.
- When the oil heats up, add the chopped onions. Stir for a few minutes and add some garlic. Put some chopped bell pepper. Stir for another 5 minutes.
- Now when these are a little wilted add the chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste
- Saute the tomatoes until they are slightly chopped and add all the spices. Add like a pinch of sugar. Simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Now make a small space between the sauces in the pan and break the eggs one by one and put them in those places.
- Now cover and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. When the sauce settles, open the lid and add the chopped parsley.
Hello and welcome to Limitless Spice Classroom. Check out all of our recipes and cooking lessons for the new Home cooks. I make home cooking easy, approachable, and enjoyable. Everyday food with everyday ingredients! waiting for limitless Spices.
You can also follow us on the Youtube channel Limitless Spice
Check out more delicious recipes.
Different country food. Love to make this recipe. Thanks for share
Thanks for sharing. 👍